It might seem like I’m exaggerating, but this really is an AWESOME recipe.
Every time I make it for groups, they are so surprised by how good it is. I see the looks on their faces when I’m making it, and when they try it, it’s utter surprise!
This is also one of the most popular dishes we make for our holiday meals now. The first one to be finished up. Need I say more?!? Try It!!
Some people have an aversion to kale because of the texture, but kale is really tasty if you know how to prepare it! By massaging dressing into kale, the kale leaves become slightly broken down and less tough. Finely chopping the kale allows the dressing to get into all the grooves of the leaves for a flavorful kale salad.
Now that you’re considering trying kale, what’s the hype, anyway? Kale is a dark, leafy green that has been shown to be a health promoting food. It contains fiber, folate, and the antioxidants carotenoids.
Here’s the recipe. And you can watch me make it on the video below!
Best Kale Salad Ever Recipe!
- 2 bunches kale
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup lemon juice
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 c pistachios
- Red pepper flakes to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Strip kale leaves from the stems (discard stems). Wash and dry the leaves. Tear the leaves into pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, pepper, and salt in a jar, small bowl, or salad dressing container. Pour over kale.
- With clean hands, firmly massage and crush the greens to work in the flavoring.
- Stop when the volume of greens is reduced by about half. The greens should look a little darker and somewhat shiny.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with more lemon juice, garlic, soy sauce, and / or pepper if desired. Add red pepper flakes to taste.
- Top with pistachios for a crunch! Add freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired (I didn't use parmesan on mine).