I’m excited to be able to share Intern Sarah’s recipe for this dessert made with tofu! It’s been awesome to be a taste tester, and all my co-workers and volunteers who have tried it have loved it.
Just a reminder though, this is still a dessert! My one co-worker said “so this can be my protein, right?” Ha!! Pie is still pie. But yes, this pie will be higher in protein than a typical chocolate mouse pie. It’s still absolutely delicious and NO BAKING REQUIRED!
For more info on soy, check out the AICR’s page here.
Here’s the Recipe!
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 16 ounces soft silken tofu, drained
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Melt chocolate chips in small bowl in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Place tofu, peanut butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and blend until combined.
- Pour into crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours until filling is firm and set.
- Garnish with peanuts, melted chocolate, whipped cream, or raspberries.