Super delicious french toast and a great instruction for making compote! For other compote intstructions, you can check out the following:
- 2-ingredient Biscuits with Sweet Potato Butter and Blueberry Compote
- Berry Compote: A Cancer Fighting Topping for Your Pancakes!
- Two-Ingredient Preserves Recipe
The one from this recipe here is really really delicious! I like that it uses dried fruit and is relatively quick to make.
The leftover compote would be great added to yogurt or oatmeal!
- For French Toast:
- 8 pieces of firm, whole wheat bread
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 banana
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- For Compote:
- 1 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 apples, cored and diced
- 2 large naval oranges
- ½ c craisins
- 1 c water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- With vegetable peeler, remove three strips peel from oranges and squeeze juice from both oranges into saucepan.
- To the saucepan, add the orange peel and remaining ingredients for compote.
- Bring to simmer and allow to cook for about 20 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick and cloves before serving.
- Combine the coconut milk, banana and cinnamon with a fork or by using blender.
- Heat pan over medium heat with choice of butter or oil.
- Coat bread in coconut milk banana mixture and allow to cook in pan until golden brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with spiced fruit compote.