You’ve probably heard of overnight oatmeal already. I think I first made it about 2 years ago, and it’s almost always done in a jar. But there’s no reason you can’t just use any kind of container for your oatmeal!
Chef Malena brought ingredients for one of her favorite combinations and we put it in a 2 cup container. Some people may find the yogurt to make their oatmeal too thick. In that case, you can always use less yogurt and more milk, adjusting to your liking.
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (heaping) rolled oats
- ⅔ cup unsweetened milk of choice (I recommend cow's milk, lactaid or soymilk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax meal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Other flavorings to taste!
- Put yogurt, oats, milk and seeds in container.
- Add flavor with shredded carrots, raisins, banana, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pineapple, canned pumpkin, candied ginger, blueberries or other fun flavor!
- Soak overnight in the fridge and heat in the morning.
- Add brown sugar or maple syrup, if needed.