You only have so much mental energy, so why waste it on the myths or unknowns about cancer? Let’s start with the proven truths and move on from there.
For anyone who missed it, here is a link to the recording of my Cancer Nutrition Truths webinar: https://www.anymeeting.com/
In fact, if you missed the Cancer Nutrition Myths webinar, you can check that out here: http://www.anymeeting.com/bloagsxmomapb/E053DC858746
And for the Carbs Healthy or Not? webinar, click here: https://www.anymeeting.com/WebConference-beta/RecordingDefault.aspx?c_psrid=E057D9848846
And for those of you who can’t stand the thought of listening to me ramble on about cancer and nutrition for an entire hour… 🙂
I present to you the cliff’s notes!
15 Cancer Nutrition Myths Debunked:15 Cancer Nutrition Myths Debunked
10 Cancer Nutrition Truths: Cancer Nutrition Truths Fact Sheet
Carbohydrates: Are They Bad for Me? CancerDietitian.com – Carbs Healthy or not
Julie’s Favorite Resources:
Here are my go-to sources for updated evidence based and just plain interesting information!
- My Facebook page – my facebook page. I share a lot of links and articles that don’t get posted to the blog.
- American Institute for Cancer Research: www.aicr.org – The best resource for the latest evidence based information on nutrition and cancer. Also check out ongoing updates regarding nutrition and cancer posted on this website: Continuous Update Project.
- Center for Science in the Public Interest Nutrition Action Healthletter www.cspinet.org. They have an awesome guide to food additives at www.chemicalcuisine.org. [See Printable of this info below!]
- WebMD – www.webmd.com
- Today’s Dietitian Magazine – www.todaysdietitian.com
- Environmental Nutrition – www.environmentalnutrition.com
And in case you missed my rant about nutrition and health quacks, you need to check out this post: Are They A Quack? Nutrition Information: Who To Trust?
NO! Dr. Oz and Dr. Mercola are not reliable sources of truth. And Food Babe is an amazing example of what PR can do for you. She is not spreading truth. She is a fear mongering bully (if you ask me)! 🙂
More Printable Fact Sheets
And while I’m at it, I’ll go ahead and link some of my favorite fact sheets to use when I’m giving presentations.
- Organic Foods and Cancer: CancerDietitian.com – Organic Food and Cancer Handout
- Multivitamin Fact Sheet: multivitamin fact sheet
- CSPI’s Guide to Food Additives (printable version of www.chemicalcuisine.org, thanks to intern Jessica!): Food Additive_handout
If you have a suggested time of day for a webinar, let me know! So far I have done 7:30pm and 4:30pm (Eastern time). Both were well attended but if you weren’t able to make it because of the timing, let me know.