Hey Friends! As you plan for your Holiday meals this year, I thought I would share some of my favorites. Yes… I have blogged on this topic every few years, so I have compiled and provided a commentary for you!
This post covers some of my favorite recipes. They include old family recipes and new recipes that we have incorporated into our family holiday meals and beyond!
Includes the following:
- One of my favorite cranberry recipes (Citrus Ginger Cranberries)
- Dad’s stuffing (yes… my dad!)
- Aunt Donna’s mashed potatoes (yes… my Aunt Donna!)
- Down Home Green Beans (I just made up that name to sound good, haha. It’s simple sauteed green beans)
- Candied Yams
- Tasty Kale (steamed kale with onions – simple and delicious and can be made a day ahead and reheated!)
- Stuffed Baked Sweet Potatoes
- Cranberry Muffins with fresh cranberries!
RECIPES here: Tasty and Good For You Holiday Recipes
Three years ago I taught a cooking class during the holidays. Here are some of the recipes we used:
- Whipped sweet potatoes with apples (so tasty!)
- Homemade vinaigrette (don’t forget a fresh green salad as part of your meal)
- Carolina Caviar (a delicious appetizer/snack for when everyone is hungry but dinner’s not ready yet!)
- Homemade crockpot chili (We have this the night before thanksgiving. Perfect to have it cooking all day Wednesday while you’re prepping for Thursday!)
This is my menu with recipe links for the Thanksgiving I hosted 2 years ago.
Includes my very favorite kale salad recipe, (which is now a family tradition) as well as another variation on the ginger citrus cranberries. YUM!!
RECIPES here: Cancer Dietitian Thanksgiving Menu with Recipes
And remember, the most important thing about the Holidays is being with friends and family. The food is just the cherry on top!
Blessings on you and yours this week,