People going through cancer treatments often need extra nutrients to promote healing and energy. Nutrition supplement drinks are a great way to get extra nutrition but they can become very boring very quickly.
There are a lot of great options for nutrition supplements, containing various amounts of protein, calories, and vitamins and minerals. It doesn’t matter which nutrition supplement you choose – you can even try milk with added powdered milk for extra protein and calories! – this recipe will work for you.
If you or a loved one is needing some extra nutrients and has a craving for something sweet, try this Ensure ice cream in this mocha flavor!
Mocha Ice Cream with Nutrition Supplement Drink
Ensure Mocha Ice Cream Recipe
Tasty alternative to regular homemade ice cream with extra nutrients.
- 1 8- oz vanilla Ensure (Boost, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Open the can and pour it into a container so that you can mix it.
- Add the cornstarch and coffee powder and mix with a whisk. Try to get it creamy but the ice cream maker will help with that.
- Add the cocoa powder, mix, and then pour into the ice cream maker.
- The ice cream maker takes 20-45 minutes to make the ice cream.