You’ve probably heard of overnight oatmeal already. I think I first made it about 2 years ago, and it’s almost always done in a jar. But there’s no reason you can’t just use any kind of container for your oatmeal!
Chef Malena brought ingredients for one of her favorite combinations and we put it in a 2 cup container. Some people may find the yogurt to make their oatmeal too thick. In that case, you can always use less yogurt and more milk, adjusting to your liking.Print
Overnight Oatmeal Recipe from Chef Malena
- Yield: 1 –2 1x
- ½ cup heaping rolled oats
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of choice (I recommend cow’s milk, lactaid or soymilk)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds or ground flax meal
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Other flavorings to taste!
- Put oats, milk and seeds in container.
- Add flavor with shredded carrots, raisins, banana, vanilla extract, cinnamon, pineapple, canned pumpkin, candied ginger, blueberries or other fun flavor!
- Soak overnight in the fridge and heat in the morning.
- Add brown sugar or maple syrup, if needed.