So originally I was going to make this article the “Top 5 at Trader Joe’s”. Which OBVIOUSLY is absolutely impossible. Ha! So what was supposed to be a 2 minute video turned into 5 minutes. But I love all these items so much!
And no… they aren’t even paying me to do this. Although maybe they should. Or at least make a donation to Cancer Services, the non-profit that pays my salary and therefore pays for this website! But oh well. You get my honest thoughts without any conflict!
As you’ll hear at the end of my video, I am collaborating on a community nutrition initiative with Jane Anderson, the Dietitian for the Second Harvest Food Bank in W-S and also with Lynne Mitchell, the Dietitian for the Forsyth County Health Department.
We’ll be trading off videos and tips each week, so keep your eyes out on Facebook for their videos too!! We had a pretty fun time doing our first round of tips and recipe videos. 😀
Video For My Favorite Things at Trader Joe’s
Anyway – if you don’t have time or interest in watching the video, here are my favorite items, in no particular order!
- Joe’s O’s
- Tea (Jasmine Green Tea is my fav, but I also like the Mango Black Tea)
- Nuts (50% reduced sodium cashews and slivered almonds)
- Sunflower Seeds
- Dried Fruit (Tart Montgomery Cherries and Apricots are both so delicious!)
- Crystalized Ginger
- Hard-Cooked, Peeled Eggs
- Mirepoix (cut up celery, onions and carrots ready to cook)
- Almond Butter
- Basil (fresh and yummy!!)
- Garlic cubes (in the freezer section)
- Baked Tofu Teriyaki Flavor
- Pop up sponges
Let me know if you have any favorite items! I’d love to have a part 2 and share reader thoughts!