Here’s another one of my recipes from my Cook to Thrive! Cooking class with the theme of Salads: More Than Just Lettuce!
I showed participants how to make 4 different salads and make them ahead in a jar so that they can eat them for lunch, or dinner, on multiple days. Great for bringing to work or having ready for when you get home!
For this pesto salad, you can’t really get the order wrong, but I did find the pesto sauce would stick on the bottom of the jar, so I liked to put the cucumber, then tomato, then pesto and then have the greens and walnuts on top to stay as dry as possible.
Be sure to check out the others here:
If you’re not familiar with the “salad in a jar” concept, check out my blog post here: Salad in a Jar Recipe Ideas
I hope you enjoy!
Pesto Salad in a Jar RecipePrint
Pesto Salad in Jar
- Category: Salad
- ¾ cup pesto
- 4 cups whole grain pasta (cooked and cooled)
- 2 cucumbers (chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- ½ cup black olives (chopped)
- 1 package spinach (chopped)
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 ball of fresh mozzarella (cut into chunks)
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain the pasta, wash it and let it cool.
- Put the ingredients in this order! Cucumbers, tomatoes, pesto, mozorella, olives, pasta, greens, and walnuts. You can put pesto in first, but I found it to get stuck i the jar!
- Screw the lid on the jar and refrigerate.