Garlic & Chive Mashed Potatoes with SKIN ON for extra nutrition!
This recipe really is from my Aunt Donna! I changed it a little bit, just adding extra garlic and extra chives and I do like to leave the skin on my potatoes, people seem to like them just as well that way. You will need to make sure to scrub them really well with a vegetable brush and cut off any bad spots before cooking them.
The other change I made was to use Greek cream cheese, because it increases the protein and decreases the fat but has the same creamy, delicious flavor.
Aunt Donna's Garlic & Chives Mashed Potatoes
- • 8-10 potatoes Russet – or equivalent volume of red, leave skin on if possible!
- • 8 oz reduced free cream cheese or Greek cream cheese I like to use Greek for twice the protein
- • 1 cup fat free sour cream
- • 5 garlic cloves or more, if desired!
- • chives
- • salt
- • pepper
- Scrub, wash and boil the potatoes. Or slice them and cook in a pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- Mash them along with all other ingredients, adding skim milk if needed to make creamier.
- Place all ingredients in a 2 qt. casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.