- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 1 2/3 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 cup oil (coconut, olive, vegetable)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini (about 2 medium)
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (plus more for topping)
- Optional add-ins: walnuts, chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or use non-stick spray.
- Grate zucchini. Press lightly with paper towels to remove extra moisture.
- Add all dry ingredients (except rolled oats) into a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add all wet ingredients (except zucchini) into a separate mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to the dry. Stir until well-incorporated.
- Add the grated zucchini and rolled oats. Mix. Add in any additional ingredients now (like walnuts or chocolate chips).
- Distribute the batter evenly into each of the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the tops with rolled oats.
- Bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.