In this webinar, given by Amber Thomas, she discussed what exactly intuitive eating is and information about being a more intuitive eater. She focused on mindful eating for nourishment and cancer nutrition therapy.
The following was discussed in the webinar:
- How nutrition therapy is important for cancer survivors/patients
- General nutrition tips for managing food choices during cancer treatment
- What intuitive eating is and how it helps, 10 principles of Intuitive Eating
- Ways to practice intuitive eating and be more mindful
- Looking at nutrition during and after cancer treatment
10 PRINCIPLES OF INTUITIVE EATING
- Reject the diet mentality.
- Honor your hunger.
- Make peace with food.
- Challenge the food police.
- Feel your fullness.
- Discuss the satisfaction factor.
- Cope with your emotions with kindness.
- Respect your body.
- Movement- feel the difference.
- Honor your health with gentle nutrition.
**To learn more about these watch the recording below or view the PowerPoint slides!!**
Resources Amber recommend if people want to start exploring Intuitive Eating on their own.
- Intuitive Eating (a revolutionary anti-diet approach) Fourth Edition
The fourth edition of Intuitive Eating by E.Tribole and E.Resch. It’s important people get the latest version, which came out in 2020, as it focuses much more on weight discrimination and social justice. Every edition is better than the previous, as far as limiting “diet culture” language.
- The Intuitive Eating Workbook
This workbook is great for people who want exercises and ways to process the information on Intuitive Eating for themselves. I’ll often have clients get this workbook and assign exercises for them to do that coincides with our conversation.
Cancer Nutrition Solutions
Amber owns Cancer Nutrition Solutions, where she offers virtual nutrition counseling, journaling, nutrition tips & videos, along with online classes. To find more information about Amber and her program follow the link below!
To get more tips and watch my webinar on managing treatment side effects, check out this page: www.cancerdietitian.com/tips.
Let me know if you have any questions!