Carrot Muffin Recipe
The muffin recipe is perfect for getting vegetables into your breakfast meal. It is a combination of tasty muffin with the added nutrients that come from the carrots. These carrot muffins are super simple to make and can be made ahead for the week. This recipe can even stored in the freezer and used for later!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
- Total Time: 30-35 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups shredded carrots (~8 carrots)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- In a large bowl whisk flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- Use a glass measuring cup and add vegetable oil, egg and then fill the cup to the 1-cup line with milk.
- Add vanilla and whisk until combined
- Add milk mixture to the bowl with flour mixture and use a fork to combine. Do not over mix. The muffin batter will be pretty thick.
- Add carrots
- Divide the batter between the muffin cups filling about 1/2 full using an ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then let cool for 5 minutes before taking them out of the muffin pan.
**can use half white whole wheat flour and half all purpose