In this webinar, cohosted by Julie Lanford and Leah McGrath, they discuss exactly how nutrition can support or distract your immune system. They focus on food you should consider for your diet that strengthen your immune system. Then they also focus on foods that could be distracting your immune system from doing its job.
The following was discussed in the webinar:
- Immune supporting foods/distracting foods
- Research presented about supplements and how we want nutrients from food and not from pills
- Savvy shopping tips for added sugars, fats, and starches
- Immunity with health and wellness: it all works together!
- Healthy habits and how to make them
- Omega-3 Fats
- Prebiotics & Probiotics
- Added Sugar
- Refined Starches
- Saturated Fats
- Trans Fats
- Low fruit/vegetable intake, whole grains, and omega-3’s
**To learn more about these watch the recording below or view the PowerPoint slides!**
For more information, check out this list of recommended reading:
- Diets and Immune Function 2019 Article- https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/11/8/1933
- Nutrition & the Immune System, A Complicated Tango- https://www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/12/3/818
- Leah’s interview the Asheville Citizen Times: httwww.citizen-times.com/story/news/local/2021/01/21/there-such-thing-immune-boosting-food-experts-weigh/6653496002/
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans- https://www.dietaryguidelines.gov/resources/2020-2025-dietary-guidelines-online-materials
- NIH: Office of Dietary Supplements: https://ods.od.nih.gov/
- AICR: http://www.aicr.org/
To find other webinars and classes, check out this link!
We had many questions that came in throughout the webinar and via our program evaluation. This has inspired some additional blog posts! Be on the watchout for additional info regarding the following topics:
- vitamin D, C and zinc,
- apple cider vinegar
- fermented vs. pickled foods
Thanks to all who attended!
PS – Check out my other nutrition & immunity articles here: