Every month, I do an “Ask the Dietitian Q&A” seminar at Cancer Services, as well as a webinar online. The webinar presentations are generally the same but the questions vary from month to month because they are submitted by clients and dietitians who sign up for the webinars.
Listed below are the questions submitted at each webinar. Choose the webinar that has questions most relevant to you, or listen to them all for the full information!
- What do you do when the patient really can’t eat anything?
- My husband has intermittent bouts of diarrhea following bowel surgery. What should I feed him on those days?
- I would like to do a cleansing program. When could I start it once my chemo treatment is complete?
- I’m a TNBC breast cancer survivor and my integrative health doctor told me to take 600mg alpha-lipoic acid and 1500mg curcumin daily. Are there any problems taking these doses long term?
- What do you do for cancer “fear food,” a fear that anything you eat might cause the cancer to return?
- What is the number one and best food to fight off cancer?
- How can food help someone with breast cancer?
- Does the ketogenic diet help cancer patients?
- What should patients do when hearing conflicting information about nutrition and diet from their health care providers?
- Can you talk more about dietary interventions to help with narcotic-induced constipation?