With that said, when I tell people about my newest accomplishment of becoming a registered dietitian, you wouldn’t believe how fast the questions start coming!
- “Is gluten bad for you?”
- “What about a low carb
- “Is avocado really good for you?”
- “What do you eat?”
The worst thing I hear is “I don’t have time for breakfast”.
As many dietitians will agree, breakfast is a very important part of your day! Check out Julie’s last few articles, in case you missed them:
- What is an Optimal Breakfast?
- Coffee: Cancer Fighting or Breakfast Don’t??
- How to Build a Breakfast That Lasts!
Breakfast not only provides you with essential nutrients and energy to end your overnight sleep-fast (as I like to call it), it can set the mood for the whole day! The trouble is having time in your busy mooring to make a healthy breakfast rather than grabbing a calorie-dense doughnut or cream-cheese smeared bagel from the local coffee shop.
So, with the input of my sister, I created this delicious Crust-Less Quiche recipe that you can make ahead of time and just warm up a piece in the morning. To aid in the eating process, you can wrap your piece in a whole wheat tortilla and have a little Quiche wrap during your morning commute.
This recipe is packed with protein to help you feel satisfied longer. Feel free to change the cheese or veggies or add more of your favorites!
Anne’s Crust-Less Quiche Recipe
Easy Breakfast From Anne: Breakfast Quiche Recipe!
- • 8 eggs
- • 1 large tomato chopped
- • 6 asparagus stalks chopped
- • 1 c raw spinach
- • 1 c LF shredded cheese
- • 1 t salt
- • 1 t pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray an 8-inch round casserole dish, pie pan, or oven safe skillet with non-stick spray to avoid sticking.
- Combine eggs, tomato, asparagus, spinach, 3/4 cup of the cheese, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- Pour into your sprayed dish and bake for 40 minutes or until center is no longer loose.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 more minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.
- Remove from the oven and allow the quiche to cool for 5 minutes. Slice into 8 1/4 cup slices and serve.