I’m excited to be able to share Intern Sarah’s recipe for this dessert made with tofu! It’s been awesome to be a taste tester, and all my co-workers and volunteers who have tried it have loved it.
Just a reminder though, this is still a dessert! My one co-worker said “so this can be my protein, right?” Ha!! Pie is still pie. But yes, this pie will be higher in protein than a typical chocolate mouse pie. It’s still absolutely delicious and NO BAKING REQUIRED!
For more info on soy, check out the AICR’s page here.
Here’s the Recipe!
Chocolate Peanut Butter No Bake Pie
- ¾ cup semisweet chocolate chips melted
- 16 ounces soft silken tofu drained
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 3 tbsp dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust
- Melt chocolate chips in small bowl in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. Let cool slightly.
- Place tofu, peanut butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and vanilla in blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and blend until combined.
- Pour into crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate several hours until filling is firm and set.
- Garnish with peanuts, melted chocolate, whipped cream, or raspberries.