Chef Angeli’s Couscous With Veggies Recipe
My intern, Angeli, has worked as a culinary professional for many years. When she was telling a class about one of her favorite quick and easy recipes to make couscous with veggies, I thought it would be perfect to go with our meal!
Couscous is a grain that you can buy either refined or whole, so make sure that you are getting the 100% whole grain version. You can obviously adjust the veggies to your taste.
Chef Angeli's Couscous With Veggies Recipe
- 1 box Far East couscous OR 1 cup whole grain couscous
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 cups of water
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/2 bunch of asparagus cut into chunks
- 1 package of mushrooms sliced
- Seasoning to taste (either the seasoning packet included with the Far East Couscous or season yourself with salt, pepper and Mrs. Dash or other spice mix)
- Saute onion and mushrooms in oil. Once the onions start to be transparent and mushrooms shrink, add asparagus and 1.5 cups of water.
- Once the water boils, add the couscous and spices and mix.
- Cover with lid and remove from heat.
- Allow couscous to absorb water for 5 minutes, then fluff and serve!