Here’s another one of my recipes from my Cook to Thrive! Cooking class with the theme of Salads: More Than Just Lettuce! I showed participants how to make 4 different salads and make them ahead in a jar so that they can eat them for lunch, or dinner, on multiple days. Great for bringing to work or having ready for when you get home!
If you’re not familiar with the “salad in a jar” concept, check out my blog post here: Salad in a Jar Recipe Ideas
I hope you enjoy!
Greek Chickpea Salad in a Jar Recipe
- For the Dressing:
- ¼ cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon = 2 cloves, Garlic Clove
- 3 Tbsp, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp, Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Ground Dried Oregano
- 1 dash, Salt
- 1 dash, Black pepper
- For the Salad:
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, Diced
- ½ cup, Cucumber, Diced
- 1 container (1⅘ cups ea.), Garbanzo Beans, Rinsed and Drained
- ¼ cup, Red onion, Chopped
- 3 ounces, Kalamata Olives
- 2 oz, Feta, Crumbled
- 1 head, Romaine lettuce, Chopped
- Chop all salad ingredients and set aside.
- Add all ingredients for dressing into a bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Divide ingredients evenly into 4 32-ounce sized glass jars, layering in order: First add dressing to the bottom of the jar, then cucumber, tomato, garbanzo beans, red onion, kalamata olives, romaine lettuce, and feta cheese.
- Place lids on jars and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, pour contents of jar onto a plate or into a bowl and serve.
Be sure to check out the others here: