Thank goodness for interns, I am getting these recipes up. Late is better than never and we are also very close to getting all the Instant Pot recipes up, but that will have to wait a week! For now, enjoy the other 3 salad in a jar recipes from my September Cook to Thrive class with the theme of Salads: More Than Just Lettuce!
I showed participants how to make 4 different salads and make them ahead in a jar so that they can eat them for lunch, or dinner, on multiple days. Great for bringing to work or having ready for when you get home!
For this particular recipe, some people would’ve liked more dressing. You can always increase the ingredients for the dressing, if you want.
This recipe also takes longer if you do the marinating and cooking chicken. For a shortcut, you do not have to use the marinade and you could just buy cooked chicken, or cook the chicken with just salt and pepper. It did add a nice curry flavor, but when you’re short on time or energy, I’m sure the salad would taste good without that step and extra ingredients.
Be sure to check out the others here:
If you’re not familiar with the “salad in a jar” concept, check out my blog post here: Salad in a Jar Recipe Ideas
I hope you enjoy!
Thai Chicken Quinoa Salad in a Jar Recipe
- FOR THE CHICKEN:
- 16 oz, Boneless and Skinless Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 Tbsp, Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp, Yellow Curry Powder
- 1 tsp, Cumin
- 1 Tbsp fresh minced Ginger Root
- 0.25 tsp, Ground Cardamom
- 1 dash, Salt
- 1 dash, Black pepper
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- ¼ cup(s), Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 Tbsp, Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tsp, Honey
- 2 tsp(s), Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp(s), Water
- FOR THE SALAD:
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- ½ cup, Red bell pepper, Chopped
- ½ cup(s), Green Onions, Chopped
- 1 bag Carrots, Shredded
- ¼ cup(s), Cilantro, Chopped (optional)
- 1 Mango, Cut into Pieces
- 1 head, Romaine lettuce, Chopped
- 1 oz, Cashews, Roasted & Unsalted
- Add chicken and seasonings to bag and marinate for 1 hour, or overnight. Cook chicken in oven at 350 degrees for 10 minutes (or until done), turning over once, then let cool and cut.
- Cook quinoa according to package directions, and allow to cool.
- Add all dressing ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined and smooth.
- Chop remaining salad ingredients and set aside.
- Divide ingredients into 4 32-ounce sized glass jars, layering in order: First add dressing to the bottom of the jar, then red bell pepper, carrots, green onions, quinoa, chicken, mango, romaine lettuce, cilantro, and cashews. Place lids on jars and store in refrigerator until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat, pour contents of jar onto a plate or into a bowl and serve.