Chai Tea Latte Mix Recipe
If you’re like me, you don’t want a lot of sugar in your drinks. When it comes to Chai Tea, the mixes, or the drinks you buy at the coffee shop already have a lot of added sugar, and you can’t take it out! Here’s your solution! Make your own Chai Tea mix with no added sugar. Then, if you have guests that want some sweet, they can add it themselves with whatever sweetener they prefer.
NOTE that this recipe makes a LOT of mix. It could probably make about 100 cups. We used 3/4 cup of mix with a crockpot that had 14 cups of milk. For my cooking class we used vanilla soymilk and also Fairlife brand milk. I personally like the soymilk better but participants who had the Fairlife milk also liked it. And if you like more spicy flavor, you can use more mix.
For a single cup of milk, you could mix 2-3 tsp, to your taste. Just heat the milk, mix in the Chai Tea mix and stir!
The mix would also be a fun holiday gift to give to neighbors, friends and family!
Chai Tea Latte Mix
- 3 oz black tea powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Combine the black tea powder and spices into a container.
- Store your chai tea latte mix in an airtight container in a cool, dry, area.
- Heat a milk source of your choosing (milk, almond milk, coconut milk, etc.)
- Add 2- 3 teaspoons of the dry mix to 1 cup of milk and stir until full incorporated
- Sweeten with your choice of sweetener (sugar, honey, stevia, maple syrup etc.)
- If you prefer an iced chai you can skip heating your milk and once mixed and sweetened, you’ll pour it over ice.
Here’s what we used for the base of our chai tea latte mix. Be sure you use the unsweetened tea mix!